VAST can support you to develop, set up and develop your Social Enterprise in Staffordshire. Our team of SFEDI accredited experts are here to help you with everything you’ll need from supporting you to test your business idea and developing your first business plan, through to providing tailored workshops and one-to-one mentoring and advice sessions to help your social enterprise grow and succeed.
What is a Social Enterprise?
A Social Enterprise is an organisation or group that is established to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment. However they can be very different than a charity. Social Enterprises are businesses but when they make money it’s not the businesses but it’s society that profits. They can be straight forward businesses set up to provide a product or service for the local community they take on many forms such as banks, bars, coffee shops, bus services, etc.
VAST’s Social Enterprise support includes:
- Support to assess the feasibility of your Social Enterprise business idea.
- Advice and guidance on market research.
- One-to-one mentoring to support you to develop a business plan for your Social Enterprise.
- Guidance on choosing the most suitable legal format for your Social Enterprise.
- Support on incorporation of your Social Enterprise.
- Support to access funding for your Social Enterprise.
- Support to develop a marketing plan for your Social Enterprise.
- Provision of tailored workshops to support growth and sustainability.
Case Studies …
Take a look at case studies of VAST working with voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises across Staffordshire. Click here to view case studies.
Looking for advice online?
Click here to visit the VAST Vault and to access information on how to start a new voluntary and community group.
Want to meet an Engagement Officer?